An Indiegogo campaign has been launched by The Seaweed Health Foundation which will fund a national celebration of our sea’s most valuable vegetable – seaweed.
The Foundation is seeking £15,000 to host the Seaweed Symposium for Food & Health, which will bring together marine biologists, chefs and herbalists for a free weekend of public talks, tastings and activities.
The first Seaweed Symposium for Food & Health, hosted by the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, event saw some 800 visitors in 2013, and this year will be held again on the on 6 – 7 September 2014.
From cookery demonstrations and smoothie tasting, to talks about the health benefits of human food seaweed for people and pets, the event will educate and inspire visitors about the diversity and huge potential of seaweed from the British Isles.
Dr Craig Rose, Executive Director of the Seaweed Health Foundation says: “I see in this organisation and its partners the incredible opportunities there are for seaweed to make a positive difference in people’s lives, grow a British industry, and be a sustainable food of the future.”
What’s on to see and do:
- Touch, taste and try seaweeds in a wide variety of products
- Meet chefs, nutritionists and herbalists who use seaweed for flavour and for health
- Meet the world’s leading seaweed researchers and specialist marine biologists
- Find out from experts why seaweed is so good for your pets too
- See world famous art inspired by seaweed
- Learn how businesses are using seaweeds
- The Nutritional Benefits of Seaweed, Dr Jane Jamieson
- The External Uses of Seaweed, Dr Jane
- Talk by Monica Wilde, Napiers the Herbalists
- Tired and Over 40? Seaweed & Your Thyroid
The event will take place in the In the Real Life Science Studio at the John Hope Gateway building at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a world-renowned centre for horticultural excellence. It consists of over 70 acres of beautifully landscaped ground close to Edinburgh City Centre.
The event is free and open to all. level registered instructor services private www.essaydragon.com/ tutoring grades 3 5 accepting enrollment I was a public elementary classroom teacher and elementary and middle school reading specialist prior to staying home with my children